This course provides practical knowledge around fundamental OpenStack components such as Compute (Nova), Image Service (Glance), Identity (Keystone), Block Storage (Cinder) and Dashboard (Horizon). In addition, to make this course as complete and relevant as possible, we also cover several OpenStack building blocks used for object storage, networking, monitoring and orchestration. We provide extensive lab sessions; we make sure that every participant has a chance to put the concepts taught in this course into practice.
- Understand Cloud and its features
- Understand OpenStack features and terminology
OpenStack installation on Linux
- Install OpenStack on Linux Platform
- Use Horizon web interface manage it
- Install and secure the Qpid/Rabbitmq message broker service
- Install, configure, and use the Keystone authentication services
Object storage service
- Install and manage the Swift object storage service.
- Install the Glance image service
- Import system images
Block storage service
- Install the Cinder block storage service
- Manage Cinder volumes
- Understanding CEPH
- Install, configure, and manage OpenStack Platform networking service.
- Compute and controller services
- Manage Cloud Network
- Configure vSwitch, vRouter and vLB
Install Nova compute and controller.
- Learn how to add nova compute nodes.
- Launch an instance from the command line
- Learn to add and remove additional Nova compute nodes
- Install the Heat orchestration service
- Install and manage the Ceilometer metering service
- Install and configure Horizon component of OpenStack